Midnight Reflections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires, demons, angels, gods. Enter a world of fantasy and become a creature of magic, and fate.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A new face

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:59 am

Vech once again wandered around the boundaries of the territory, it was once of the very few days she really had nothing to do at the den with the elders or with trying to learn more about becoming the next pack leader. It felt wonderful to just get out and stretch and feel obligated, free, even if just for a short time. She loved her pack, and would do all she could to help them, but sometimes the stress others and herself did start to weigh on her. She took off, using her powerful legs to carry her faster, feeling the rush of wind on her face, the smell of the wild forest in all its majesty. The snow crunched softly beneath her as she continued, making a good pace around the perimeter of the packs boundaries. Only when she came to the frozen river did she slow and that was only briefly to make sure it did not crack beneath her weight. Upon crossing the ice she noticed a new scent upon the air, another werewolf, not one from her own pack but a strange new male. Was he lost perhaps? Or was another pack trying to make contact for some reason? With whatever reason she would find out soon she supposed.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:08 am

He padded through the snow, sniffing for the trail he had picked up outside of the forest. He had managed to get off of the trail he had been following and ended up closer to another pack, he had smelled their scent markers and had paused to try to find his bearings in the snow covered wilderness. He was a good hunter, able to track and find his target, however he had gotten distracted by the scent of the other wolves and wound up tracking them instead of his next meal. His black fur made him stick out amongst all of the white, and he needed to be alert among another pack's territory. He was a large target for other wolves, and if they found him, he'd have to defend himself.

His ears flicked as he heard someone approaching. A young female from the scent of it. His red eyes scanned the area, searching her out. "Great...now I'm in someone else's territory and they've found me before I could leave..." he said as he shifted in the snow, trying to ready himself for a possible attack should the other person be hostile.
Back to top Go down
https://wehavefangs.rpg-board.net
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:22 am

Upon arrival she found a large, black, male wolf. He wasn't as big as she was but still large, even for a black wolf. He had a defensive stance on, probably in case she attacked for being on her packs' territory, though he would probably be relieved that her pack was relatively friendly so long as they had no reason to be hostile... well for the most part, there were some instances where they could be dangerous, however he looked to not be harming anything. walking up a short distance she looked to the outsider to speak. "Hello, who are you?" she didn't want to be so quick to the point but he seemed to be a little on edge, best to start with the simple things.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:28 am

He looked at her, assessing her possibility of being a threat. She was larger than him, probably indicating her to be a dire wolf, in which case he weighed his options carefully but chose to lower his guard a little and moved to a normal stance. However, he was still alert, ears twitching at the smallest of sounds. "My name is Sterk, Sterk Donovan from the Gray Clan," he answered. Her question was safe for the time being, no harm in telling another wolf his name. He was in her territory after all. "And you are?" he questioned, moving to know the name of the female who had found him.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:36 am

"Vechnaya Noch' leader of the Brown clan, you look a little lost? It's okay a lot of people get that way, our pack leaves a wide area for territory and many markers. You don't have to worry about any of us attacking you, we're pretty friendly unless given a reason not to be, especially with strangers. So what brings you out this way? She sat down to make small talk not everyday did she get to meet another werewolf not from her own pack, he had her attention and curiosity. She could possibly ask him about the states of the other tribes if she played her cards right, she had very little contact with other clans due to the far spreading and the work it took to find some of them, not to mention her own clans reclusive nature.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:45 am

He sighed and shook his head. "I'm not really lost per-say. I know how to return to my pack, but I got off of the trail I was following for food. I was hunting and ended up following the scent markers of your pack instead of the trail of my next meal. A rookie mistake a guy like me shouldn't make, but I guess my curiosity was stronger than I thought," he admitted as he sat down, looking at her. Distance was good, and he was glad that she was respecting boundaries.

"My pack and I moved from Alaska recently, following the deer. We know that it's easier to find food through human means, but those places were few and far between in Alaska so we had to hunt or go hungry at times..." he said as he looked at her. He had such a soft spot for women. It was a wonder he didn't tell her pack secrets while he was at it.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:57 am

She nodded and giggled, it was easier than he thought in their territory due to all the sent marks left to notify others of the bounds. She understood the last bit all to well, in Russia some towns were days travel to or from any location in this particular area, she had made the journey many times just to get some human interaction as well. "It's fine, its easier to get lost or turned around here than you think, many of our pack leave too many sent markers, we've told them to go sparingly for a little bit, I'm sorry for the trouble. I do have some questions though if you don't mind my asking. I would like to know if I could learn from you what packs from your area would think about coming together for a bit of a..... council session? I have been to a council meeting and by the looks of it, maybe some packs could come together to work along side each other, that's what I would like anyway, to many of us are easy to pick off pack by pack. Also, please be careful, there have been vampires roaming closer to this territory and they don't travel alone." She looked to the sky and noted the time of day, dusk, it would be time to go soon as somethings thrived at night and she didn't want to be caught by them. "This will sound odd, and I'm not trying to insult you in any way, but perhaps you would come back with me? we have food and you could always take some back to your comrades, but night is not something safe here, I've lost to many already." She stood and waited for the other to make his decision.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 4:07 am

He stood when she did, shaking the snow from his fur. "I've heard that the Black and White clans are doing good for themselves, but I don't know this to be true or not. I'm not high enough rank to request a meeting, but I'll pass the message along and maybe my alpha will be in contact with either the white or black clans soon," he told her as he moved closer to her.

"Food would be a welcoming thing to smell...all I've smelled for the last hour and a half is your pack's scent markers and the snow..." He was taking a risk he knew, but he decided that her offer for food was more tantalizing than being out in the Russian wilderness at night with no other members of his pack with him.

Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 4:14 pm

She nodded and hummed, this would prove interesting for the development of the rest of the packs, if they could come together and work with each other then perhaps there would be hope of a better future than just fighting and surviving, they would have a better voice for what they believed in the council. "Alright then come with me, we'd be happy to help and I thank you for considering talking to your alpha, it will benefit all of us to know how each other is doing and if any of us need help. So what do you do in your pack besides hunt?" She was curious, she hadn't met someone from the Gray clan, though to be truthful it was hard for her to get time from the pack, she was the new alpha since her parents stepped down and that involved more time within the pack, but she also had to balance the stresses of the council. She hoped some time talking would relieve the travel itch she had been having. "when we come into the pack the younger pups will probably be very curious and run up so don't mind them, they just get happy to see new faces. The others will probably be curious as well, but nobody will attack, I promise." She bound off and led the way back to her clan.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 5:51 pm

He followed behind her, keeping a slightly slower pace. He was starting to relax now that he had been talking to her for a while. "I'm the pack's Beta. I make sure everyone else follows the rules the alpha sets and I stand in for the alpha when he goes away to do business," he answered as he padded along. He was rather laid back, seeming to just go with the flow now that he was aware that he wouldn't be attacked by the other pack members for being in their territory.

He smiled at the mention of children and chuckled, telling Noch happily, "Kids are the least of my concerns. I actually love them. It's the adults that I was more worried about...they don't always like me after all."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:04 pm

She smiled and nodded, it was nice to know the pups wouldn't be a problem, some of the odler wolves that came through just did not like them for some strange reason. "That's good, sometimes the older wolves that come through don't like children so its become a habit to let others know what is coming, the adults may give you a curious glance but not any problems, I'll make sure of that your our guest after all. I have to tell you, I just recently became alpha, my parents just stepped down, its a hard job and I don't get to see new faces or things like I used to, so I'm sorry if I ask so many questions. She was glad to see him relaxing as they finally came upon the edge of the den.some of the adults looked up and greeted while the pups came bounding down. She quickly slipped behind a screen set up and changed her shape while quickly dressing as well. Coming back out she motioned that he could change behind the screen if he so desired. "There's a change of cloths that should fit if you'd like to change, after your done or now follow me and we'll go see my parents and the elders to let them know we're here." she looked to the children running around and answered their questions as she waited.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:43 pm

He laughed happily, playing with the pups as they came bounding around his feet, yipping and playing, sniffing him and nipping at his ears. "I've been the beta of my pack for the last two years, but I'm not sure how long my place will go unchallenged," he said as he got up off the ground where he had laid down and been rolling around, playing with the pups. He shook his fur off and looked over to where she pointed.

"I guess having thumbs to eat with would be more convenient..." he mused and trotted over behind the screen, shifting into his human form . He took his time to dress himself though, not in any hurry at all.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Vech laughed as the pups asked who the new comer was, what pack was he from, and when would she take them running again. She looked to her right, the opposite side of the screen, to see her father walking through. She smiled and waved at him while waiting for her guest. "Hi papa, we were just coming to see you! I suppose word already reached you about our guest?" He smiled and roughed up her hair.
"Yes, your mother and the elders are waiting in the main den, dinner is also being served there, there is supposed to be a bad blizzard rolling through in a few hours, if you had not come back when you did you probably would have been caught in it along with our guest. May I welcome you to our pack, I'm glad she contacted you when she did, feel free to stay until the storm clears, but please tell me who I am speaking to if you would, I am Vech's father, Vladimir. He smiled and reached out a hand to shake with.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:10 pm

He had emerged from behind the screen, the clothes fit, but felt strange to him since they weren't his own personal wardrobe. He shifted in the clothes, trying to get them comfortable on his body. When he had almost succeeded, he was greeted with a hand coming into his view and the voice of an older male stating that he was Noch's father. Fumbling a little, he rose his hand to shake hands with the father of the female he had accompanied. "Uh, I'm uh...I'm Sterk Donovan. I'm the beta for the gray clan," he said, stumbling on his words as he tried to be respectful of the older, higher ranking male.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm really glad to see such a welcoming pack...I thought for sure I was going to be attacked for being in another pack's territory when your daughter found me in the woods. It was a nice surprise to learn the opposite," he said nervously.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Vech smiled while her father chuckled at the new comer. He seemed like a nice young man, the cloths seemed a bit lose but presentable and should keep him sufficiently warm in the cold weather without over heating him. "Yes Vech has done well to keep the peace here without putting us in danger, she has quite a way with words and people. Please follow me and Vech my wife is waiting and so are the elders, there is nothing to worry about we just wish to meet with you and have dinner." Upon letting go of his hand he turned to his daughter and smiled while motioning for the young male to follow him. upon getting to the den there was a beautiful older woman across the fire pit holding some wood and a knife along with some of the pups sitting there, with five very old men and women who looked up when they walked in.
"Ah it seems you all have returned safe and sound and with a guest! None to soon either, with the storm approaching," The lady stood and set aside her wood working that had been in her lap and picked up some bowls of hot food, "Come sit and eat we would like to get to know you and I'm sure you have questions for us as well, my name is Natasha by the way." She offered the bowls and room on the bear pelt next to her Vladimir took a seat and a bowl as did Vech while she motioned for him to take a seat beside her.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Sterk didn't really say much to Vladimir's response, just nodded and made a small, "Mm" in response. Males he didn't do so well with. He tended to get into arguments and fights with them more often than he'd like to admit.

When he entered the den, he felt the heat of the fire wash over him. It was a tingling relief from the cold that he would happily welcome. While he was well suited to the cold, he still got chilled just like any other wolf. When he was offered the food, he took it and mumbled a low, "Thank you." With food in hand, he moved over to sit with the others. "My name is Sterk," he answered her, responding to being given a name. It was only polite to respond with his own name.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:50 pm

"So sterk, What kind of questions do you have for us, you seemed a bit curious about us just as we are about you, go on and ask us anything you would like." Even though she would love to just play twenty questions with him, it was important that he knew they weren't trying to hide anything themselves and to let him get comfortable with them first, that and the elders had already been filled in by the pups and others that the visitor had been brought in due to navigation issues so they should be fine for now. She quietly ate her food while taking side views of her guest, he was definitely a looker, lean and muscled with a very laid back nature, but she shouldn't be thinking that, he'd be leaving in a few days and she didn't feel like putting up with her parents teasing anyway, she looked back down at her food and continued to wait.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 8:11 pm

He ate slowly, just as leisured as his walk and changing clothes had been. He was getting comfortable with this pack, and he wasn't sure it was such a good idea. When he was asked what kind of questions he had for them, he paused in eating, looking up at her with his mouth full and swallowed quickly in order to answer, "I- uh...I don't really have any questions to ask...I'm not really the type to pry." Smooth Sterk. Real smooth. he thought to himself as he sighed. "I'm not a very curious person. I tend to keep to myself and mind my own business..."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 8:36 pm

Vech giggled a bit as did her mother, for one who seems so strong he sure is shy. At least he was friendly, after all they could be fighting in a blizzard if he wasn't. "It's fine we just didn't want to come off as rude by asking so many questions ourselves, but I guess I'll be the first to ask, whats brought the gray clan into Europe and Asia, again no offence but your family normally stays in North America, yes?" She kept talking to him while simultaneously trying to avoid her mothers gaze, while her father came into the conversation himself.
"I think I have met your clan leader before unless the position has changed hands? He was a good leader from what I remember, please tell us about your pack." At least someone was trying to get her mothers attention away from her, her father had taken her mothers hand while he had been talking.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 10:45 pm

He looked at Vech, she was such a kind girl, and had good looks. He looked down and closed his eyes. What the hell was he thinking? "I don't know about any other gray clans, but ours was following the deer as they migrated..." he answered lowly, unable to keep eye contact now that the thought about Vech's looks had crossed his mind. The awkwardness didn't last long, as to his relief, Vladimir spoke up and asked him about his pack.

Sterk looked up at Vladimir. "My pack is smaller than others, but we're strong. We hunt for most of our food, unlike the red wolves who live in warmer areas and closer to cities. Our alpha, Amos is a great leader. He's strict and tough on us, but he's got a good head on his shoulders and always knows how to handle a situation." He knew he was rambling on about his pack and his alpha, but he wasn't so well at handling situations like this.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:36 am

Vech nodded as Sterk talked on, he still seemed nervous but no where near as bad as he first was. "That does explain quite a bit, we could definitely use some company I think." She laughed at her joke about being so isolated from other clans, though it was sadly true. Her father got a look on his face as Sterk spoke of the other alpha, one that Vech knew all to well. While her parents were good level headed leaders they still liked to have a little fun, she was not looking forward to the next sentence to leave his mouth.

Vladimir coughed and looked to Sterk before speaking, "Sterk, would you mind if I asked a favor from you? I understand it is odd to  ask one so soon, but, if you wouldn't mind when you leave I would like you to take our daughter with you to see your alpha," Vech went to say something but her mother shushed her and her father went on, " I will wright a letter to him about why I would like her to visit, she has duties with the council that revolves around all werewolves I would like for her to travel with your pack while in this region to see how other packs function, even I did this when I was younger with your pack leader no less, so what do you think?" He pulled a pipe from his robes and lit it, puffing on it before looking back to his daughter and Sterk. Vech was speechless and her mother looked giddy, she new he was up to something.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:44 am

He paled a little and his eyes widened. Vladimir wanted him to do what? "I uh...I don't know...I mean..." he stumbled over himself so quickly, his words failing and making himself look like a complete idiot. "I don't know how well she'll be received...and it makes me worry. I don't want her to get attacked or hurt by the others in my pack because she's from another pack..." he said, trying to explain himself so that he didn't seem like he was outright refusing because he didn't want her around.

After a few moments though, he sighed and closed his eyes. He not only made himself look like an idiot, but he made himself feel like one too. "I don't have any place to refuse her...if she's turned away by the pack once we get there, I'll have no choice but accept it...but for now...I'll take her back with me..."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:55 am

He was obviously as surprised as she was, stumbling over his words like that made it pretty clear to them, but at least it seemed like he was more concerned about her well being than her actually being there. Her father laughed as he pulled out a paper and handed it to the young man. "You shouldn't have to much of a problem , that letter is the last peice of corispondance between me and your alpha from about ten years ago, we agreed that my daughter would come spend a week with his pack, never though it would be so soon but that's okay. Go in and talk to Amos before bringing her fully inside. You shouldn't have any trouble from her either, she is to follow all pack laws, just because she is alpha here doesn't mean she can break code. Now its late and we should get some sleep, Vech will show you to a bed when your ready." with a sharp look to his daughter he got up and left to go prepare the bed for himself and Natasha.

"WEll... That was certainly unexpected... Um, I'm sorry about that I know this will be hard, but, will you go along with it? Even if I am alpha now I don't just want to straight up refuse but then again I don't want to cause you any trouble either, I didn't mean to inconvenience you." She held her head down with embarrassment leave it to her parents to spring something on a stranger and not even tell her anything.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:07 am

He took the offered piece of paper silently and slipped it into his pocket. He was stunned at the sudden request that he wasn't able to say much else after he said that he'd take her with him. what the hell was he thinking?! This was going to be a long ass week. He just knew it.

When he was free from the den and walking to where they were going to have him stay, he couldn't help but let out a long, exalted sigh. "What the hell is wrong with my luck lately?" he questioned out loud. "Amos is going to torture me over this!" he complained lowly as he groaned. Seriously! The only people who even cared about him and if he was alive were awful to him. They'd never let him live this down! Having some strange alpha female come with him. The teasing would never end.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:22 am

Vech frowned as she led him to his bed for the time being, she really hated that her parents would just spring this on him. She would take a run to clear her mind and maybe think of a way to get hi out of this, she hated causing more trouble than it was worth. She headed up a small set of steps and opened the flap for him to enter. You can sleep here, my bed id just across from you if you need anything okay? .... I'm so sorry for the trouble my dad had caused." She let the flap down and quickly made her way to the change screen, in a flash she was a wolf again and pelting off into the cold snow to clear her foggy mind. unconcerend with how much snow was falling around her she made it far before coming to a stop and deciding a new direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new face    A new face  Empty

Back to top Go down

A new face
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midnight Reflections :: Role Play Area :: Russia-
Jump to: