Midnight Reflections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires, demons, angels, gods. Enter a world of fantasy and become a creature of magic, and fate.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 12:37 am

He sat in his throne, reading a book as he hummed to himself. The book he was reading today was titled "Of Wolves and Men" and he was half way through it. While he was no longer a human, he was still a man. He was always curious and sought new knowledge. This was no different. The read was fascinating, and put wolves at the foreground of his mind. What was it about them that were so mystical? He wasn't entirely sure.

As he hummed along, he stopped reading and put the book down on the throne beside his own. Kira was out doing something of his own accord, which worried him, but his fears were put at ease when Neikan volunteered to go out, find Kira and stay with him until they returned to the castle. As he sat there, he was brought back to the beginning of the book.

"Wolves know where they're going when they set out..." he mused to himself as he quoted one of the phrases in the book. He couldn't help but smile at the sentiment. Maybe they really did know where they were going when they set out all the time, maybe they didn't. Who really knew?
Back to top Go down
https://wehavefangs.rpg-board.net
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 2:36 am

She was utterly lost, one castle could not be this hard to find could it? She had wondered around for hours now trying to find the blasted thing. She was never very good in new territory, too many scents and things to see but even then, she wasn't one to complain. She was glad she had set out early not every day one got to meet with a royal vampire and all. Vech set about searching out the palace in which her host resided. Hours later (two at the least) she came to the front and knocked and waited for an answer. Maybe some good would come about this for the vampires and the wolves and even others beyond that.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 2:48 am

He had been about to pick his book back up when he heard the knock on the door. Odd as it was, he stood up and walked towards the door. The sound on the other side was that of a beating heart, one who sounded nervous and excited. It was always interesting to hear the different emotions of a beating heart. Each emotion held its own unique nuances that made it special. While he had lost his heart beat thousands of years ago, he had not lost his human emotions, the true key to maintaining your humanity.

As he placed a hand against the massive, solid oak doors, he gently (if not barely) pushed the door open to look upon the figure standing on the other side. A young female who was, from the looks of her at least, in her early twenties. A gentle smile graced his features as he stepped to the side just inside the doors and motioned for her to enter. "Hello, please come in," he said as he smiled gently at her. His mix-matched ice blue and white eyes reflected his greeting. He had no underlying intentions.
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 3:03 am

Vech smiled politely and bowed her head in respect to the man. She did not know if this was the vampire king or another but being rude simply would not do in any case. She came inside and looked at the entry hall, well lit and beautiful. Decorated wonderfully and with good taste. Vech turned toward the man still a bit nervous and hoping the talk went well but still excited to be somewhere new, though she now was a bit homesick now that she had more than just her pack alone to go home to. "Thank you kindly, sir, the hall is beautifully done! Would you happen to be his majesty? I was called for a meeting here, I'm afraid this place is a bit difficult to find, well harder than I thought."
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 3:18 am

Aoi closed the door behind her, making sure that it didn't slam when he did. The doors were massive, but he was strong, as was all vampires. "The formalities aren't necessary child. I am indeed the king of vampires, but here inside of these walls, formalities aren't something I see as a thing you need to use. This is a home, a safe haven for those who enter. You are no different," he told her lowly. His voice was gentle, but held a sad twang, something he would never be able to rid himself of. "Please, just relax and be a little more loose. You are allowed to call me Aoi. "Your majesty" has always made me uncomfortable ever since I can remember," he said as he began to walk back to his throne.

He had almost forgotten about his meeting with the representative for the werewolves. It had surprised him that he had let himself become so lost in a book that he almost forgot his duties. He closed the distance to his throne and sat back down in it, leaning back so that he could rest his back against the blue crushed velvet of the upholstery. "Some have said that the castle sticks out in the city, but I think that those people have grew up in the city their entire lives. You, if I recall correctly, live in the forests of Russia with your pack. It seems to me that anything here in Tokyo will be rather hard to find for you since it's nothing like your home..."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 am

"I suppose we're in agreement there Aoi, formalities never really suit me in my own pack. I prefer more laid back settings, but seeing as I never met you I wouldn't really be able to tell that about you until you said so." Vech smiled and laughed a little, she could definitely get along with this man if he continued to act like this, though she wondered what had made him sad... perhaps a story for another day?

She smiled and followed him to his throne and took a seat from nearby. "I suppose it is to be expected really, there are so many sights and smells coming in its a bit overwhelming really, it's why I gave myself more time than really necisary, need time to find my way" She laughed again and then notices the book on his throne, "A little light reading?" she giggled, damn she was excited, happy, and nervous all in one.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 3:35 pm

He chuckled and smiled. His eyes were eternally sad as he looked at her. No amount of smiles could ever hope to change the sadness. "I feel as though formalities in your own pack wouldn't suit you, but perhaps...later on they will suit you just fine," he mused. He could hear it, the aching for the one named Sterk. "The city is something that can be dark and cold, but if you know where to look...it can be so full of beautiful wonders," he told Vech lightly.

He lifted the book from the throne beside his own and held it gently as he stroked the cover of it. The cover was slightly worn, as if it had been read a few times already. Aoi smiled lightly and looked back up at Vech. "I think it captures a magic in the relationship between humans and wolves. They believe that wolves are mystical creatures who can't really be explained no matter how hard we try. It's actually rather interesting to read the thoughts of a human..."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Vech hummed as she thought of her pack... The formalities really didn't suit in all honesty, they seemed to fit her mother and father much better to be quite frank. She chafed at the titles and the freedom they lacked to be herself. She might in time become accustomed to them or even break them entirely, after all, the future is not written in stone. "I feel like... something is missing when people call me by them, I don't feel like it is connecting? I want my people to see me as more than being born into the role I want their respect and trust. I know not everyone will see me that way but... I don't know?" Vech slumped a little as she thought of the situation, she was trying her hardest to show she could be a good leader but their reactions seemed so forced sometimes despite the support.

"I enjoy my time in cities, this is only my second time in Tokyo but I already find it fascinating to watch all the people flit about and the food is delicious. I don't think I would ever be comfortable living here or any other city but visiting them is so nice... Humans are some very strange creatures sometimes I'll give you that, and they can go anywhere on the spectrum, vile to saint and anywhere in between. Personally, I think they have some of the most unique potential I have ever seen... But they are short-sighted. Who knows where they will be a hundred years from now?" She laughed humans were both a bit of a pain and an invaluable ally but a curiosity more so than not. She had brightened from her earlier thoughts and had rebound back again to bright and happy glad for the change in subject matter. "Now I understand you called me here for a meeting, what's up?" She cocked her head to the side and smiled still having some manners from her younger days not entirely shaken.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Aoi shook his head as she talked about her dislike of formalities and how she believed that they weren't meant for her. "When I was younger, I used to cringe at the sound of "Your majesty". It reminded me of my father and I loathed it. As I grew into my own rule and began to build up my own kingdom, I grew more adjusted to the titles and formalities. I grew accustomed to them and welcomed them after some time because I finally felt like I was free of my father's shadow," he explained as he looked at her. "Perhaps your biggest problem is that you're not entirely free of your parent's shadows?" he mused as he leaned forward to pose his question.

He sat back after a while though. "Humans are creative and innovative. They've lasted so long after they were placed here. They're so many magical creatures origins that it's hard to imagine them going anywhere in a hundred, a thousand or even two thousand years from now," he admitted. When Vech asked why he had called her for a meeting. "I feel as though werewolves and vampires are still stuck in their hate for one another. As the king of vampires, I feel as though it is my duty to set an example for my people, and so I would like to try and move both of our people in a new direction. As such, I need your input and cooperation, no?"

Last edited by BlindedElegance on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Vech Smiled and shook her head laughing that was one of the great things about humans, they were so creative and endearing, they were hard not to like once you got to know them, faults or not. "I'll give you that, they won't be going anywhere, I meant what will they come up with next really I suppose? they are making so many new things its kind of amazing to see what comes up next. Take phones for example, now that is something." She frowned as she thought about what Aoi had said, it was true she had been longing to get away from her parents for some time, it's why she traveled in the past like she did. She felt as though she wouldn't be as good or mess up royally in some aspect, she wasn't perfect, she knew that, and she would eventually screw up. She just didn't want to hurt her people so badly they would never recover again. It had almost happened to them before as she had learned from some of her history lessons.

"I think you're right... I... I'll have to consider some things before going home, umm. Would you at all mind some questions, one leader to another? I don't have this all figured out if you haven't guessed, I could use some advice." She blushed and scratched the back of her head smiling, she could admit when she needed help, as much as her pride told her not to. Upon hearing about that meeting she sat up and became a little more serious though this was still important she felt like she could get somewhere now that she had the opportunity to talk with him. "I see I'm not the only one then huh? I would be honored to help in any way I can, Where should we begin? There are many things that are causing tension."
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:51 pm

He smiled at her, chuckling at her sentiments on humans, but his laughter quickly faded. This was serious, and so he leaned forward to look at her. "I do believe the best way to set an example for our people is to be examples of what a friendship between our two species can look like," he answered her. "The matters of tension, fear and hate can't be resolved unless we've worked to become closer as leaders," he answered her lowly. "As such, if you need my help and would like to ask me questions...I'm here at your disposal. Our jobs as leaders can come after we've completed our job of becoming friends first," he said as he stood up from his throne and walked down the set of four or five stairs that lead up to the three thrones.

He came to a stop a few feet away from where Vech was sitting and smiled down at her. "Our jobs are important, but so too are the relationships that helped put us in our positions in the first place. No one leader can keep their positions alone. Every leader needs good friends to help build them up."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 5:01 pm

She smiled and looked up at him, she finally had a friend in her corner besides her parents. She had Sterk and now maybe even Aoi. She stood still smiling " Then let me say, it's good to have friends! I hope we can be good friends from here on out, so to start this, ya wanna grab some coffee? I don't know a lot about you just yet and I feel like coffee around the city is just the thing needed." Not necessarily formal but this could help not only let them become friends but set a public example for others of their kind roaming around at the moment.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 5:04 pm

He couldn't help but to chuckle at her question. It had been so long since he had been asked to go out for a reason other than to work, but the problem was that he was a vampire and couldn't eat or drink human things. "The sentiment is nice, it really is," he began. "But I'll have to order something other than coffee. Unfortunately, when you lose your humanity and become a vampire, you lose your ability to eat human food and drink coffee too. Though I can drink alcohol, which is still a plus."

Last edited by BlindedElegance on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 5:27 pm

She shrugged she supposed that though coffee was out drinks would not be. "Drinks sound fine to me, it's still a reason to get out and see things. so before it becomes too painfully obvious I like to play twenty questions, I ask a lot to find out about new people. I hope it doesn't get too annoying." She laughed as she had been told to shut up many times by her friends because she spoke so much. "So do you know any good bars or anything? You do know this city better than I do. If you don't mind, care to tell me about being a vampire and what it was like growing up? You can ask me any question you want and I'll answer to the best of my ability!" Vech put her hand out and laughed at herself, she sounded like an eager pup ready for her first adventure outside the den.

"I hope we become good friends Aoi, it would mean a lot to me, more than just political change. I don't have a lot of people I could trust to help me out and just be my friend. Thank you." She gave a bright genuine smile and waited.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 4:20 am

He shook his head and smiled at her. IT was a warm gesture, a genuine smile. Even so, it his eternal sadness still peeked through. "Drinks are for a later time. Right now, we will go to a place that is vampire friendly so that we can chat," he said as he began to walk towards the castle doors. He paused to look back at her as she asked if he knew of any good bars or anything and answered her lowly, "I know of a few bars and cafes. I used to visit the bars often in my younger years, but my favorite bar...isn't wise to enter with you in tow...the owner isn't always a friendly man."

With that said, he continued over to the doors and lightly tapped one of them and stood idly by as it began to swing open. "Being a vampire is rather complicated. I wasn't born as a vampire, I was created. I was once a human who was...very confused and very sad. I was chosen to become the next vampire king alongside Neikan, who is now my brother in the vampire world...but before I was turned, I tried to commit suicide. I was, of course, unsuccessful and so here I stand...growing up, as we call it is a loose term if you're newly turned. You spend the first month of your vampiric life doing nothing but thirsting for blood. In that time, you're very disoriented. Your senses are super sharp and your strength is so great that, if you don't learn how to control it immediately, you can crush others without even meaning to..." he explained as he walked out of the castle and into the front courtyard. "As a newborn vampire, you are strong, but you're also ruthless. You will shed blood easily and without a second thought because that is your instinct. You fight, you feed and you breed."
Back to top Go down
Voidfrostfox
Elder Member
Elder Member
Voidfrostfox

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 4:56 am

Vech followed and listened as Aoi spoke and moved toward the large castle doors. Food was good and chatting was the main thing they were going for sure but she didn't think it was that early, then again her sense of time might have been off due to the travel to get to the city in general. She cringed as she heard of the bar owner not always being friendly having run into a few of them in the past, must be bad if he even did not want to go there after all not all bars had just drinks, a lot of the time they had some good gems in the custom food and portions were often generous which she was often grateful for. "That sounds good to me, I'm not in a hurry to meet another bartender that's not very friendly, I have met a few and that's enough for me. If you know somewhere that makes you comfortable and has good food that's all that matters." She scratched the back of her head and laughed touching the place where she was once hit in the head by a bartender that was more than willing to hurl a bottle at a drunk... and miss.

Continuing to follow him out she perked up when he started telling of growing up as a vampire some of the information she had guessed, though hearing first hand how terrible the first month she hurt for him and others. It sounded like a terrible hunger to be continuous like that. To hear more she finally made some connection to why he was so sad, at least she thinks so, he had died so sad and hurt as a human it might have carried over. Shaking her head she shook the thought out, it was best not to assume such things from another and she doesn't know much more of Aoi for now. She nodded in understanding of learning to control strength, as a child she had had to learn that lesson well, she had always been bigger than her playmates for the most part. She followed into the courtyard noting again the beauty of the castle as she did. Upon hearing the last word she faltered a bit, fundamentally it was a different kind of breeding but culturally she still felt as though breeding was something not just that ruthless. She also knew that vampires chose those they bonded with differently and had mannerisms that wolves did not, they would come back to that later, she filed it away for a later time but knew she had probably made a face.

"It's a little odd, we are very different but still the same in a way, I had to grow up and learn my own strength, I have always been a bit bigger than my playmates as you can imagine. It is different because I had my whole life to learn and for you, it was different to have such a drastic change in a short time. Is Neikan your brother because the same person turned you both or another reason?... The castle really is lovely, I bet it's gorgeous in the spring." She was chipper with her words and enjoyed the early fall weather soon it would be viciously cold in her lands and she wouldn't have the luxury of the warmth.
Back to top Go down
BlindedElegance
Developer
Developer
BlindedElegance

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:09 pm

He chuckled and shook his head. "Even though I am very fond of the owner of the bar I mentioned, I do not trust he can keep his hands to himself. While he isn't very interested in women, he has his moments and I don't wish for you to be uncomfortable in any way," he explained as he lead her towards the subway.

As he made his way down the stairs that lead to the subway, he helped Vech get a subway pass for Japan and handed it to her with a smile. "Yes, well...newborn vampires tend to learn and advance quickly. Most newborns aren't always blessed with a maker that is a good role model. Many will turn a human, teach them the basics and then leave. It isn't always a friendly life," he told her as he lowered his hand down to his side after letting Vech get her subway pass. "Neikan? He is my brother because we both share the same maker, the same vampiric father. His blood is what bonds us. The bond from our maker is a strong one, and one that we will always feel. It has given us a great deal of affection towards one another," he answered as he went through the subway gate after scanning his card. He then moved to stand and wait for the line that would be taking them to Yokohama.

"This role play continues at Tea Time with a Vampire"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf   vampire - Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire King and a Young Dire Wolf
Page 1 of 1